[TRNSYS-users] Re : Type 344a : Indoor Swimming Pool

Fabien Morice fabien.morice at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 14 06:43:51 PDT 2007

Thanks for your answer.
I need more explains.

1

What do you mean with "very low resistance value" ?
Can you give me a value ?
I don't know what are the differences between a massless layer and a massive layer.
I always work with massive layer !
Could you explain me ?

2

How do you coupling exchanges ?
It seems to me I must give 5 inputs to the type 56 : (I think I'm able to connect 3 of 5) :

- Temperature of pool water (Temperature of Boundary wall : userdefined : input)
- Heat flow rate by Convection (set temperature : 100 (by example) ; heating power : unlimited ; radiative part : 0 % (100 % convectif))
- Heat flow rate by Long-wave radiation (set temperature : 100 (by example) ; heating power : unlimited ; radiative part : 100 % (0 % convectif))

- Mass flow rate of Evaporation  (desired relative humidity : ???!!!)
- Heat flow rate by Evaporation (same as Heat flow rate by Convection ???!!!)

Are you agree with me ?
Can you help me for the coupling of the 2 last ?

3

I don't know which value to connect to the input 4 of the type 144 (Total Solar Radiation on a Horizontal Surface)
In the tutorial, I can read 2 differents things :
- "The short-wave thermal gain for an indoor pool have to be determined differently. When this Type is combined with type 56, the solar gain striking at the pool surface can be determined and used." (Basic physical principles)
- "not used for an indoor pool" (Description of inputs)

So, What the solution ?

4

For the input 5 : Temperature of the sky, Is it necessary for an inddor pool ?

5

For the input 7 : Short-wave radiation gain. The tutorial said to use Ntype 21 (QABSI) of the type 56. Do you know how this Ntype is calculated ?

Best regards.

Fabien Morice.