[TRNSYS-users] I: TYPE 56 - chilled ceiling

Bettina Nocke bettina at dream.unipa.it
Thu Jun 14 01:41:01 PDT 2007

  _____

Da: Bettina Nocke [mailto:bettina at dream.unipa.it]
Inviato: mercoled¨¬ 13 giugno 2007 20.08
A: 'trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu'
Oggetto: TYPE 56 - chilled ceiling

Dear TRNSYS User¡¯s,

using the Integrated Model for Chilled Ceiling Panels I¡¯m not able to
resolve some problems. My questions are:

a) if I define only internal walls (test room for cooling panels), how let I
know the model the geometrics of the room (perpendicular walls etc.)?

b) can I define the emissivity of the internal surfaces? (prEN 14240
stipulates an emission rate at least 0.9)

c) the coefficients const and exp (Properties) are done for the condition
Tsurfceiling ¨C Tairceiling < 0. but so I have to apply the exponent for a
negative value. It means only the amount, without sign? ¨C

d) For calculate ¦Áconv with equation 6.3.2-157, the constant is done in
KJ/m^2K, but multiplying with delta T, remains KJ/m^2. I¡¯m not sure if I
understand rightly the units, so I have a problem to change the default
values (for achieve in the simulatione the same results as the test of
radiant panels).

e) is the same model suited to be used for a heating ceiling? The results of
my simulation seems a little bit strange¡­

I want to add another question at the mail of yesterday:

In the energy balance output, in the cooling case, gains (SQCSURF) AND
energy flows to other surfaces (QCOMO, QCOMI) have a negative value. This is
a little bit confusing for me, for understand the convective and the
radiative part of energy changes (setting identical all boundary
temperatures).

Can anybody help me? Thanks very much.

Bettina