[TRNSYS-users] Re : Radiative exchanges in TRNBuild

Fabien Morice fabien.morice at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 11 08:16:07 PDT 2007

Hello Guillaume,

TRNBuild don't calculate the view factor. It's not a geometrical model.
So, TRNBuild takes all your surfaces and distributes the radiative part proportionally at the surfaces.

But, if you are interesting by the view factor of short wave radiation of the Sun which come through the window, maybe you should have a look on "GEOSURFACE" ! It's the way to distribute this gain as you want. By example, you can put Geosurface equal to 1 for your floor. It's means that all the short wave radiation of the sun arrive on your floor. Warning ! The sum of the Geosurface (of the same zone) must be equal to 1 and TRNBuild doesn't check that ! If you don't put the geosurface, TRNBuild will distribute the radiative part proportionally at the surfaces of the zone.

Best regards.

Fabien Morice.