[TRNSYS-users] Stability criteria in Type 56b in TRNBuild

Sakulpipatsin, P. P.Sakulpipatsin at tudelft.nl
Mon Jul 30 01:58:36 PDT 2007

Dear the TRNSYS-users,

I made a one-zone model with very thick walls by using Type 56b in
TRNBuild. I received a message from TRNBuild that,

"Error creating the wall transfer function coefficients:

Stability criteria not fulfilled

Check layer definition (thickness, ratio of conductivity/density)

Please, check the INF-file for further information."

Then I checked the INF-file and found that

"** ERROR - STABILITY CRITERIA FOR WALL TYPE BST_H_EXT   NOT FULLFILLED

CHECK LAYER VALUES

  NO FILE GENERATED **"

Could you please let me know what the stability criteria is and what
alternatives could solve this error? I could not find information
relevant to the problem in the TRNSYS manual. Thank you.

Best regards,

Poppong Sakulpipatsin, MSc.

Doctoral researcher, Building Services

Faculty of Architecture, Delft University of Technology

Berlageweg 1, 2628 CR Delft, The Netherlands

Tel. +31-15-278-5955

Fax  +31-15-278-4178

e-mail P.Sakulpipatsin at bk.tudelft.nl

http://bk.tudelft.nl/bt/installaties