[TRNSYS-users] clarification on temperature of air flow

David Bradley bradley at tess-inc.com
Wed Feb 7 13:30:50 PST 2007

Rajkumar,
  As with most variables in Type56, the conditions of your ventilation air
can be defined as constant, scheduled, or inputs. In the case of inputs,
the values will be calculated by other models and passed to Type56. What
temperature and RH you choose for the vetilation air depends entirely on
the type of system that you are trying to model. For example, you might
be trying to model a building that tries to keep cool in summer simply
using a fan. In that case, you would choose a fan model that forces
ambient air into the building. Alternatively, you might be simulating a
building that has a furnace and air conditioner. In that case, you would
need to implement a thermostat model, a furnace model, and an air
conditioner model connected in series with a fan in order to maintain
the building at its intended temperature. I would suggest that you look
at the example contained in \Trnsys16\Restaurant\ for a bit more
information.
Regards,
 David