[TRNSYS-users] active layer

Filippo Busato busato at gest.unipd.it
Mon Feb 5 07:29:02 PST 2007

Hi everbody!

I have a question concerning the active layer. While I was trying to
implement active layers in a building structure, compiling the .bui file
I got the following message:

"The min. desired inlet mass flowrate is smaller than the min. allowed
inlet mass flowrate.
You may use autosegmentation
MinflowCalc=11.0326
MFLOWMIN=10"

I thought MFLOWMIN was calculated from the piping features (diameter,
length), in order to avoid transition to laminar flow, as it sounded
reasonable, is it correct?

So I tried to change the MinflowCalc from 10 to 11 in the specification
window of the surface in the building model (TRNBUILD).
Then, when I compile it the second time I get the same message:

"The min. desired inlet mass flowrate is smaller than the min. allowed
omòet mass flowrate.
You may use autosegmentation
MinflowCalc=11.05...
MFLOWMIN=11"

What do MFLOWMIN and MinflowCalc mean? Does MinflowCalc depend only on
geometrical features?
Can anyone help me in setting these features correcly?

Thank you in advance
Filippo.

Filippo Busato - Ph.D.
ingegnere

Università degli Studi di Padova
Dipartimento di Tecnica e Gestione dei sistemi industriali
Str.lla S.Nicola, 3 - 36100 Vicenza (VI)

mailto: busato at gest.unipd.it
homepage: http://www.gest.unipd.it/~busato
<http://www.gest.unipd.it/%7Ebusato>

skype: foucault76