[TRNSYS-users] Database in TRNSYS

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 29 02:02:58 PDT 2007

Dear Henk,

You could define the parameters You want to vary as equations in the
control cards with free values (equations=xxx; cp_fluid=4.91;
m_fluid=... ...). Give the type these placeholders as parameters (first
You have to set the unit to "string", otherwise the type won't accept a
combination of characters instead of numbers). Then set up a table in
TRNEDIT with the different combinations of values for these parameters.
That's how I simulated a large amount of collector-area, -orientation,
storage-capacity and backup combinations.

You will recieve a large amount of output files You have to deal with. I
did this with a combination of windows batch file and excel, but i think
an awk-script would be more elegant...

Hope i was a help.

Best regards,
Jochen

trnsys-users-request at engr.wisc.edu schrieb:

> Betreff:
> [TRNSYS-users] Database in TRNSYS
> Von:
> "Henk Stijnen" <Stijnen at dwa.nl>
> Datum:
> Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:17:28 +0200
> An:
> <trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu>
>
> An:
> <trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu>
>

> Hi,
>
> In several schema's, e.g. the solar heater, a liquid is used with its properties such as specific heat and mass. Now I want to store that properties in a sort of database, so that I can easily use them in different schemas, simulate different liquids in the same shema, etc.
>
> Has anyone experience herewith? Is there a sort of database technique in TRNSYS?
>
> Thanks for suggestions,
>
> Henk

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Dept. Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone:	+49 (761) 4588-5456
Fax:	+49 (761) 4588-9000
Mail:	jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Web:	www.ise.fraunhofer.de