[TRNSYS-users] Parametric runs

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Aug 10 07:31:01 PDT 2007

Dear Mohit,

You can run a parametric table in TRNEDit.  You would have to make the
following modifications to your file:

1. Add a constant definition:

CONSTANTS 1
LU_TMY2 = 35

2. Duplicate the statement 'Assign' for all the locations that you want
to study.  For example,
ASSIGN ".\Weather\US-TMY2\US-WI-Madison-14837.tm2" 35
ASSIGN ".\Weather\US-TMY2\US-AK-Anchorage-26451.tm2" 36
ASSIGN ".\Weather\US-TMY2\US-AK-Annette-25308.tm2" 37

3. In your data reader, look for the parameter that sets the 'logical
unit number' of the weather data file.  Replace the number with the
constant LU_TMY2. For example, if you are using Type109, it would be the
second parameter.

4. In TRNEdit., go to menu 'Parametrics' --> 'New table'.  You will see
that the constant LU_TMY2 is among the list of possible parameters to
change.  You have enter the values that you assigned in the statements
ASSIGN; in the above example, you should enter 35, 36 and 37.

5. Run the table.

I am attaching a file based on the example 'Begin'. Please let me know
if you have problems implementing this solution.
Best regards,

Diego

--
Diego A. Arias