[TRNSYS-users] greenhouse models

Pierre Hollmuller Pierre.Hollmuller at cuepe.unige.ch
Fri Apr 27 01:18:29 PDT 2007

Hi David,

I confirm that our montoring data (18 month in 5 minute step, also
available in 1 hour step) would be available for testing of such a
greenhouse model. The data concerns 3 identical agricultural greenhouses,
of which 2 were equiped with daily heat storage systems (water tank and
air/soil heat exchanger).

For the standard greenhouse (without storage), the data concerns :
- solar radiation
- ambient temperature and humidity
- internal temperature and humidity at 1 and 2 m height
- temperature of internal shading device
- soil temperature at 40 and 70 cm depth
- auxiliary heating
- humidification system
- opening of windows and activation of shading device

A detailed report can be found on:
www.unige.ch/cuepe/html/biblio/detail.php?id=20
It is in French, but going quickly through the figures will give you an
idea of what was done and what is available (see in particular annex 1)

Best regards
Pierre

PS : let me know if you develop such a greenhouse type.

At 10:42 26.04.2007 -0500, David Bradley wrote:
>Colleagues,
>    A few years ago, we were asked to write a TRNSYS model of a
>greenhouse that consists of one or two sheets of thin, translucent
>plastic stretched over metal frames. At the time, we sent round an
>email asking whether any such models existed and while we received a
>helpful reply from Pierre HOLLMULLER concerning some data that had
>been taken on thermal storage systems for greenhouses, we concluded
>that an actual model had not been written at the time. We have been
>asked about writing such a model again and were wondering if any
>further projects had been completed in the past few years. Any
>information or thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.
>Cheers,
>   David

Pierre Hollmuller
CUEPE (Centre universitaire d'etude des problemes de l'energie)
Universite de Geneve
Battelle batiment A
7 rte de Drize
CH - 1227 Carouge