[TRNSYS-users] Problem in modifying project files saved on a server

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Thu Apr 19 07:25:34 PDT 2007

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I am working with TRNSYS version 16, with Windows XP Pro. The project I
made are saved in default TRNSYS Directory, which means :
    C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\MyProjects

In that directory, I save all the files that are linked with the project
(*.bui, meteo files, outputs or data files) in a single directory. In
that way, I am able to run the model later, without searching all the
linked files.

When the project is finished, I copy the directory to a local server,
named Samba :
    \\Samba\affaires

The problem appears when I open a project file,copied on the server with
TRNSYS Studio. I can run the model with no problem, but I can't modify
it. Specialy the TRNBUIL file. When I clic on the Type56, I am able to
edit the building, and made all the modifications I want, but
unfortunately I can't save the file. A TRNBUILD window appears, in which
a message is written in German : *"Laufwerksname : kein ':' gefunden !
", *with just an "OK " button. After clicking on that button, another
window appears with English words : *"incorrect projectname" *. But I
can't save the *.bui file, and all the modifications I made are lost.

To resume, I can't modify a project file which has been saved on the
server. Does anyone has sever encountered that problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Adrien

Adrien JEZEQUEL