[TRNSYS-users] Artificial lighting

hotline hotline at transsolar.com
Thu Sep 7 00:59:46 PDT 2006

Hi Maurizo,

the confusing part is that there are not only several ways to define it but also different control strategies possible.

You may select the following:

Related floor area:     1 m²
Total heat gain:         100 W/m²
convective part:         10 %
control strategie:         Define e.g. an input or schedule when the light is on  (e.g. depending on the horizontal radiation outside)
scale:                         1*SCHEDULE USE  (schedule use defines when the room is used an the light might be on e.g. workday 8 am to 8 pm)

The resulting heat gain is:

"convective resulating heat gain" = "Related floor area" * "Total heat gain" * "convective part" * "control strategie" * "scale"

"radiative resulating heat gain" = "Related floor area" * "Total heat gain" * (1- "convective part") * "control strategie" * "scale"

If "scale" and "control strategie" is set 1 you a thermal load of 100 W for your room.

Sincerely,

Marion Hiller
TRNSYS hotline Team