[TRNSYS-users] COGENERATION SYSTEM

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Oct 13 07:39:24 PDT 2006

Dear Javier,

The library of user-written components contains a type that models a
cogeneration plant:
This routine calculates the first and second law as well as the purpa
efficiency of a cogeneration plant which supplies electricity and heat
in the form of steam or hot water.  Created by F. D. Drake, Oct 1998
Please go to sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys and go to TRNLIB16.

There is also a mailing list thread on cogeneration:

In the list of papers that have used TRNSYS you can also find some
studies, for example:
Optimization of solar district heating systems: seasonal storage, heat
pumps, and cogeneration, Lindenberger, D.; Bruckner, T.; Groscurth,
H.-M.; Kummel, R. July 2000, Energy, vol 25-7, p. 591-608

Best regards,

Diego