[TRNSYS-users] type 140

fdominguezm at uma.es fdominguezm at uma.es
Wed Oct 4 08:26:27 PDT 2006

Dear Gilles,

I have also experienced this problem. I tried to fix it, but it was a very
difficult task if you do not know the source code well. I think the
problem is related with the way in which the component solves the internal
heater, specifically the way in which it tries to adjust its internal time
step. I found many convergence problems at this point.

The only practical solution I can tell you is to move away the sensor from
the heater, because if they are closed each other, the component is unable
to converge to a solution. Place the heater at the bottom of the tank and
the sensor at the top, and run a simulation to see if it works. Choose
logical control settings. After that, move the heater closer to the sensor
until you find problems again.

Regards

Fernando Dominguez
Univ. Malaga (Spain)