[TRNSYS-users] Quicker processing speeds?

Janne Ilari Paavilainen jip at du.se
Fri Nov 10 13:32:38 PST 2006

Hi again!

Just wanted to add one thing to my previous mail:
About the "faster is better" what comes to processor speed. You cannot simply
compare only the GHz number of different processors when comparing different
processor families (and manufacturers). When the processor architecture
changes, the processor clock-speed is not the only factor affecting the "real"
processor speed. So if you really need to optimize price vs. processor speed,
then you have to google and compare the bench mark test results for processors
of different families and manufacturers.

(To some people this might be obvious, but just wanted to point that out.)

Regards
Janne