[TRNSYS-users] New Module with External File

Yoshihiro Yamaguchi yamaguti at alpha-net.ne.jp
Wed Nov 22 05:37:40 PST 2006

Dear Ken,

How are you doing?

As far as I know, there is no way to get a fullpath of external file.
In TRNSYS, FORTRAN logical unit is provided to access an external
file, instead of providing fullpath name.
Since the logical unit cannot be used with C/C++ runtime library,
there is no smart way to handle an external file by C/C++, currently.

This topic has been already discussed in the threads shown below.
https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2005/000694.html
https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2005/000696.html

As Michael sugguested, using labels is easy to pass a filename.

Regards,
Yoshihiro