[TRNSYS-users] the causes of error 'NaN'

Gottwald Dieter Dieter.Gottwald at arsenal.ac.at
Mon Nov 20 03:44:03 PST 2006

NaN means "not a number" and usually occurs when a function is evaluated outside its definition interval (e.g. sqrt(-1), log(-1)), the expression is not defined (e.g. 0/0, 0^0), and sometimes when the result is infinite (e.g. 1/0, exp(very large number)). Check your program for such things.

Hope that helped, Dieter