[TRNSYS-users] Type92

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Tue May 30 07:21:58 PDT 2006

Hi Amandine,

Amandine LE DENN wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> is it possible with Type92 "cooling unit" to use :
> - extern On/off signal (1 or 0)
> _and_
> - set point temperature
I am not sure if I understand your question.  The component only
"operates" when the control signal is 1 and if the temperature of the
fluid stream is above the setting temperature.

> in order to obtain from a variable temperature flow stream, a constant
> temperature flow stream at the set point temperature (then cooling
> unit has a variable cooling rate)
You will only get a constant temperature stream if the incoming
temperature is above the setting point.

> After reading Fortran Type92 file and mathematical reference, it seems
> to me that it is possible but I cannot manage to do it.
> can you tell me what is "jfix" function in IGAM = JFIX(XIN(3)+0.1)?
JFIX(Argument) converts the information in Argument to INTEGER(4).  You
find it in many components, where the information that is passed to the
component inside the arrays XIN and PAR are Real or Double Precision,
and you want to pass that information to a local variable that is an
Integer.
Please let me know if you still have questions about this component.

Best regards,

Diego