[TRNSYS-users] Type 121b Furnace

Marijke Steeman marijke.steeman at ugent.be
Mon May 22 04:11:18 PDT 2006

Dear Trnsys users,

I am using Type 121b as a preheater for the outdoor air. I combined the heater with a controller (type2) that
makes sure the air is heated whenever the outdoor air temperature is below 16°C. This controller gives a control function to type 121b. I've put the setpoint of the heater to 16°C.
(I ignore heat losses), but every time the outdoor temperature is already 16°C before heating up,
the heater heats still heats up the air and the temperature becomes > 50 or 60°C.
Can someone help me with this?

Kind regards,

Marijke Steeman
PhD-student