[TRNSYS-users] Radiation Processor hick-ups

Anton Driesse driessea at post.queensu.ca
Fri May 5 08:07:04 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am using the TRNSYS 15 Type 16 radiation processor to calculate the radiation on a surface of slope 69, azimuth 5, from horizontal measurements along with temperature and humidity (horizontal mode 2).  On a particularly clear day in March I see that step changes in the tilted output that appear abnormal, and I note that they occur when the the value of Kt reaches 0.78.  I also note that the 3-part correlations in the manual (from Reindl 1990) do not necessarily form a continuous line.

Is there anything I can do to avoid the step changes?

Regards,

Anton