[TRNSYS-users] Convection heat transfer coefficients

Dascalaki Elena edask at meteo.noa.gr
Tue Mar 28 00:50:35 PST 2006

Dear TRNSYS Users

Using TRNSYS16 for the calculation of convection coefficients of the internal wall surfaces in a very simple building model, I realized that I get different results when I use the "internal calculation" facility in the wall typemanager menu and when I use Type 80. Could you please explain to me where the difference in the two ways of calculation process lies?
I would also like to know where I could find the reference for the values of the default coefficients and exponents that are incorporated in TRNSYS16. In the Manuals, the default coefficients given in TRNSYS16 electronic user's manual (page 65) and in Vol.6 (paper verion of the manual for Type 56) the default values seem to be slightly different.

Thank you in advance,
Elena Dascalaki
Dr. Elena Dascalaki
Building Physicist
Group Energy Conservation (G.R.E.C.)
Institute for Environmental Research and Sustainable Development (IERSD)
National Observatory of Athens (NOA)
I. Metaxa & Vas. Pavlou, GR 152 36, Penteli, Greece

Tel:  +30 210 810 9143
Fax: +30 210 810 3236

e-mail: edask at meteo.noa.gr
web site: www.noa.gr