[TRNSYS-users] Type 35 window Beam Radiation Output

Charron, Rémi remi.charron at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 16 08:19:36 PST 2006

Hello Again,

Sorry about posting a second time in two days, but I have noticed a problem with Type 35 window model output from my model.  The output for the Beam Energy to Room (4) gets stuck at the last value where the input solar radiation was non-zero.  This is not a problem for East and North facing windows as the Beam radition is usually 0 before incident solar radiation becomes 0, and therefore gets stuck at 0 as it should during the night.  However, for South and West facing windows, the output beam radiation rarely goes to zero over the course of the year because of this problem (day and night).
I don't know if this will cause any problems with my results as this data is fed into my Type 19 window model.  Since solar radiation incident on the window is 0, the program should realize that beam radiation by default will be 0.  But I don't know if that is the case or not.

Thanks for the help,

Rémi