[TRNSYS-users] Type 60 (TRNSYS 15) Internal warning message...

Lorenzo Zamboni lorenzo.zamboni at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:33:11 PST 2006

Dear all,
    I am a TRNSYS 15 user and I am facing problems with type 60 used to
simulate a tank with 1 internal heat exchanger.
    Simulation seems to go on without problems but into the list file a
warning message is sent by the type 60 when trying to solve the heat
exchanger internal  heat transfer coefficient (UAhx) like the following:
 %%% TYPE60 WARNING:  UAhx UNABLE TO
 CONVERGE IN 500 ITERATIONS AT TIME=
   8.000000             500 %%%

    I tried to change the number of nodes, the size of the heat
exchanger and/or tank but that warning still continues to appear almost
for all the timesteps (I am using 1/4-hour simulation timestep). I do
not think I can trust those calculations while these warnings exists.
    Please, let me know if someone knows some possible solution\explanation.

Thank you,
Lorenzo