[TRNSYS-users] Error message: A win32 API function failed.

Wimolsiri Pridasawas wimol at energy.kth.se
Wed Mar 1 09:40:46 PST 2006

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am running a model type 66 (Calling external program-EES) under Trnsys16. After the program has been run about 2500 hr (smoothly), 2 error messages show up:

A Win32 API function failed.

And

An illegal character was encountered in position 1 of the string delP while reading CLIPBOARD.

The last message indicates that there is something wrong in the data in the clipboard. Firstly, I thought that there should be something wrong with the setting of the numerical format, but it is right.

Where is the temporary file in the clipboard saved? Is there any possibility to check the data in the clipboard?

What does the first message mean (a win32 API function failed)?

Wimolsiri Pridasawas

Kungl. Tekniska Högskolan

Inst. för Energiteknik

Tillämpad Termodynamik och Kylteknik