[TRNSYS-users] type 109 internal interpolation

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 30 15:34:28 PDT 2006

Dear David,

If you follow the explanation in the mathematical reference (Volume 5 -
Mathematical reference), the mode in Type109 that reads a user-written
weather data allows for three options for interpolation: 'No
interpolation', 'Linear interpolation' and 'Five point spline
interpolation'.

When Type109 reads a TMY2 data file, it uses the 'Five point spline
interpolation'.  It is based on this paper:
Hiroshi Akima, Interpolation and Smooth Curve Fitting Based on Local
Procedures, Communications of the ACM, October 1972, Vol. 15, No. 10,
pp. 914-918

Best regards,

Diego