[TRNSYS-users] ASHRAE Toolkit in TRNSYS

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 5 08:22:28 PDT 2006

Dear Gabriel,

The easiest way to integrate a component in TRNSYS16 is to use the
Simulation Studio. Please go to 'Volume 1 - Getting Started', section
1.9 'Creating a new component'. This section will show you how to start
creating a new component as an independent dll.
In the Studio, you can create the proforma with all the information for
inputs, outputs and parameters. Then, when you export the component as
Fortran, the Studio will create the workspace for CVF.

I am not familiar with Fortran PowerStation. In theory, it is possible
to compile the main TRNSYS library (TRNDll.dll) and other components in
any other compiler, given that you set the appropriate configuration for
the compilers. In 'Volume 8 - Programmer's Guide', section 8.4.9 you
will find the options that are used in the CVF workspace.

Best regards,

Diego