[TRNSYS-users] Matlab/Simulink coupled with TRNSYS - Can run simulation only once per Matlab start

Radenkovic Nikola (TT/ESY1) Nikola.Radenkovic at de.bosch.com
Tue Jul 4 05:35:47 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I am using Trnsys module as a part of my Simulink model. It has all been working fine, apart from one thing - if I run simulation once (and it finishes, or I interrupt it), prior to running it again, I have to close and reopen Matlab, otherwise I get the following error message (exception):

Error in 'efhb1_radiators_mixed_unmixed/Gebäude/coupling/TRNSYS1' while executing M-File S-function 'trn_sfun', flag = 0 (initialize), at start of simulation. MATLAB error message:
Unknown Windows exception value=c000008c in MATLAB.

I stepped through the Fortran code, and located the exception in the RCHECK.FOR, when the following is executed (as KKOUT has silly value):
C          DETERMINE OUTPUT VARIABLE TYPE
            ATMP1 = OCHECK(KKOUT)

Of course, on first run, it goes without error.

Trnsys .OUT file reports no error.

Anyone having similar problems or ideas of what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Nikola