[TRNSYS-users] Solar radiation in layered Atrium

Stefan de Kool s.dekool at chri.nl
Tue Jan 31 07:37:21 PST 2006

Dear all,

I want to model an atrium in trnsys15. I split the atrium into multiple
zones to take into account formation of thermal layers. Can anyone tell me
how I should handle transmittance of solar radiation (entering from the
roof) to the lower zones? I understand this is not directly done by trnsys.
I thought of modelling the links between the zones as window types 10001 (no
glass), but the lower zones do not seem to get any radiation (though I'm not
sure I use the correct outputs). I suppose QTSOUT gives the solar radiation
from one zone to the lower zone (I have no windows in the walls)?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan de Kool

Cauberg-Huygen Raadgevende Ingenieurs

Lokatie Rotterdam