[TRNSYS-users] Inside surface energy flux interpolation over the wall timebase

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Tue Jan 17 08:28:48 PST 2006

Dear Pedro,

I have to admit that I am not an expert on z-transfer functions.  But
from what I understand, the calculation of the coefficients for the
transfer functions depends on the characteristics of the wall.
Therefore, a very thin wall will result in coefficients that do not go
too far back on time.  This could be the reason of the mathematical
instability that you are seeing.  I put together a very simple example
according to your description, and I got a very smooth response.  I will
attach it in a separate email.

If you want, please feel free to send me your project. I will be happy
to help you.  I will appreciate it if anybody else has a better explanation.
Best regards,

Diego