[TRNSYS-users] Ground Temperature parameters

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 9 12:33:43 PST 2006

Dear Krishna,

The ASHRAE Handbook, in the Applications Volume, Chapter 31 - Geothermal
Energy, lists thermal properties of different kinds of soils (density,
thermal conductivity and thermal diffusivity).
However, the data for mean surface temperature and amplitude of
temperature variation must come from local measurements. The paper
written by T. Kusuda and P.R. Achenbach (*) lists this information for
many stations in the US.  I will appreciate if anyone else in this
mailing list knows of additional databases for other countries.
Best regards,

Diego

* T. Kusuda and P.R. Achenbach. Earth Temperature and Thermal
Diffusivity at Selected Stations in the United States. ASHRAE
Transactions, Volume 71, Part I, 1965.