[TRNSYS-users] ChillerType 53!

Cagatay Berkyürek akif.c.berkyuerek at tu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 12 03:00:11 PST 2006

Hello! I am trying to simulate a centrifugal chiller using Type 53. I
created a performance data file composed of X, Y and Z values for different
cases according to the description in the proforma section of Type 53. But
my TRNSYS model can not read the data file because of the end (or format) of
file, although I’ve converted it to .dat file. Does anyone know what the
reason can be? Additionally I have some other questions:

1.	Is it required to use an extra data reader at all? The chiller type
53 can already read the external file, can’t it?
2.	Is also needed to use an integrator for  the simulation? And what
kind of printer should be used?
3.	Can anyone send me a sample performance data file for Type 53? There
is no sample data file in my TRNSYS library:-(
4.	It would be also very nice, if anyone could send me a chiller deck
file or the simulation model outlook.

I know that the questions are basic questions, but I started to use TRNSYS
just a short time ago.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dipl.-Ing. Cagatay Berkyürek

Technical University of Berlin

Institute of Energy Engineering

Marchstr. 18