[TRNSYS-users] Overhang and wingwall shading

Arie Kalkman a.kalkman at chri.nl
Mon Aug 21 04:06:35 PDT 2006

Dear Edward,

Concerning your first question, I think Type 34 calculates the shading of a
'receiver'. This can be either a wall or a window, or something else,
depending on your model. Usually, with e.g. 50% window in a well insulated
wall, the window-related effect will be the largest by far.
It is possible that the shading of the wall becomes important, e.g. when the
wall has a low thermal resistance. It may be necessary to separate both
contributions, by labeling the wall and the window e.g. South1 and South2,
and calculating the shading of both areas by two different Type34's.

Regards, Arie.