[TRNSYS-users] electric baseboard heaters?

Charron, Rémi remi.charron at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Aug 7 06:13:52 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am currently modelling a house that has electric baseboard heaters using the Type 19 zone model. There does not seem to be an extisting type that handles electric baseboard heaters.
The approach I am considering is to use an equation linked with a controller.  When heating would be called for I would split part of the heating capacity to the radiative gains, and part to other internal gains.  Does anyone have a better suggestion?  Also, what would be a good split between radiative and convective gains?

Thanks for the help,

Rémi