[TRNSYS-users] Studio works very slow

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Tue Aug 1 09:41:38 PDT 2006

Dear Thibaut,

This 'slowing down' of the Studio is usually linked to the number of
inputs/outputs of certain components rather than the total number of
components in a project. That's why you may have the impression that it
'slows down' all of a sudden, while it seems to work faster with bigger
projects (containing more components, but less connections per link).

We currently have no solution for this slowing down other than the
recommendation to try and redesign the projects / the involved components to
use less I/O variables (e.g. add several components, such as Integrators
with few INPUTS rather than one Integrator with hundreds; you can group them
into macros).

As a matter of fact, managing lots of connections graphically can be quite
time consuming. In cases where enormous amounts of I/O variables have to be
managed, some users prefer to edit the deck by hand to handle the
connections.

Werner