[TRNSYS-users] Type55 in series

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Mon Apr 24 08:37:42 PDT 2006

Dear Amandine,

There are several options to solve your problem:
1.  You can use one Type55 to sum the output during each month (like you
are doing now), and then another one in parallel to sum the same output
for the entire year.
In order to add a line to your summary, you can create a copy of the
printer Type25 (this will make sure that you print to the same file).
Set the parameters so it prints at the end of the simulation (8760
hour), change the logical unit to the same one that the original Type 25
has, and set parameters 8 and 10 to -1.  Finally,  send the output from
the second Type55 to this instance of Type25.

2.  You can use type28.  The description of this component says:
"Type28 can be conveniently used to generate daily, weekly, monthly or
seasonal summaries of information computed in a simulation.  Its output
can be displayed either in a boxed format or as a table.
Type 28 integrates its inputs over the time interval of the summary,
performs user specified arithmetic operations on the integrals, and
prints the results. This configuration prints results to an external file"
Type28 gives you lots of possibilities, but you will have to read the
mathematical description in order to use the conventions for the operations.

3.  Finally, I think that the easiest solution is to add the 12 lines of
your file while you post-process your results in a spreadsheet.
Best regards,

Diego