[TRNSYS-users] Cold bridge parameters

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Apr 28 14:51:15 PDT 2006

Hi Jeff,

My understanding is that in TRNBuild you specify a wall with cold-bridge
effect, not specifically a cold-bridge.  You enter the thermal
resistance for the conduction part of the heat transfer in the wall.
Therefore, the solar absorbtance of the wall gives you the conditions
for the energy balance at the surface.
If I understand correctly, this model has the similar characteristics
of  wall that only contains a massless layer.  You end up entering the
same values: absorptivity at the two surfaces, and the conduction
resistance of the wall.
I hope it helps,

Diego