[TRNSYS-users] windows

douglas mvuama massamba douglasmvuama at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 20 04:29:35 PDT 2006

Dears,

We have problems when adding new windows to Type 56 of
TRNSYS. First , we create a window system with WINDOW
5 software and we generate a DOE2 report. Then to add
the window data to the TRNSYS library , we do the
following:

1.We copy the text of the window data file and paste
it into the file trnsys\Building\Lib
\American \W4-lib.dat below the rest of the windows
but before the line that reads ***END OF LIBRARY***
2.We modify the name of the new window entry to read
‘TRNSYS 16 Window Lib’.
3.We modify the Window ID to read X  where X is the
next available number following the other TRNSYS
window.
4.We add the text of the window data file to the file
trnsys\Building\Lib\American \
\prgwin.dat.We repeat the steps 1 through 3, pasting
the information into the prgwin.dat file below the
existing windows but before the line that reads***END
OF LIBRARY
***
5. We add a brief description of our window in three
places. The first is at the bottom of the W4-lib.dat
file.

For example:					    U        g        Tsol    Rfsol
Vt

6001 Triple,Ar,Air     3.0/8.0/3.0/12.7/3.0       1.91
 0.561  0.598  0.167    0.594

The second place is a t the bottom of the prgwin.dat
file . Paste the line

6001 Triple,Ar,Air     3.0/8.0/3.0/12.7/3.0       1.91
 0.561  0.598  0.167    0.594

at the bottom of the prgwin .dat file just above the
line that reads EXTENSION_WINPOOL_END_

The last place is in the prgwin.dat file, this time as
the last item in the first list , directly above the
line that reads _EXTENSION_WINPOOL_START_

TRIPAIRAR  : Triple Pane , vinyl frame , argon , air ;
6001 ,90 , 1.910 , 0.561 , 11.000 , 64.000 , 0.150 ,
8.170  , 0.600 , 0.000 , 0.000 , 0.500 , 0.100 , 0.500

8.170 is the U value of the frame in KJ/h.m2K. Is this
correct??

Our problem is that when opening in TRNBUILD the Zone
Window and opening the window library , the window
appears with the properties from the DOE2 report in
the Window Types , but with other different properties
in the WinID-Pool, which are incorrect.

Where is the mistake??

Claude

Dpto Máquinas y Motores Térmicos