[TRNSYS-users] moisture balance

Marijke Steeman marijke.steeman at ugent.be
Tue Apr 11 08:49:54 PDT 2006

Dear Trnsys-users,

I am simulating a test cell that is humidified and dehumidified for 12hrs each at a rate of 33.33g/hour.
No moisture buffering occurs and infiltration is set to 0.007hr-1. The temperature in the cell is kept constant
to 20°C. Humidifying the cell is introduced as a zone gain, dehumidification is introduced by ventilating the
zone with ventilation air at 20°C and at relative humidity calculated from the desired vapour pressure difference
(33.33g/hr is equal to a pressure difference of 118.75Pa). From this simulations, we expect to get a constantly
varying indoor relative humidity.

When looking at the moisture balance of the zone, it is seen that when dehumidification occurs the balance
is not equal to zero (as it should be). The sum of the infiltration and ventilation terms do not equal to the change of water stored in the zone air. Because of this the model simulates a larger dehumidification than humidification.
Can anyone help me with this? (Does this occurs because of an iteration problem maybe ?)

In attachement you will find the moisture balance, together with the TPF and BLD file of the model.

Thanks in advance for looking at it !
Kind regards,

Marijke Steeman
PhD-student