[TRNSYS-users] Type 34 : strange output

DIEGO A ARIAS daarias at wisc.edu
Fri Apr 7 08:01:18 PDT 2006

Dear Jeff,

The mathematical description of Type34 (Volume 5, section 5.7.15)
explains that type 34 calculates the view factor for the opening to the
sky.  The view factor for an unshaded vertical surface is 0.5.  The
presence of wingwalls or overhang reduce the view factor.
If you have an unshaded surface (overhang projection equal to zero),
type 34 will use a shading factor equal to 0.5.
Please let me know if this answers your question or if you have any
additional questions.
Best regards,

Diego