[TRNSYS-users] several outdoor temperatures

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Mon Sep 19 09:54:24 PDT 2005

The building model only allows for defining one outdoor temperature
(ambient temperature).  This information is used by Type56 to set the
temperature of the out walls and the temperature of the infiltration
air.  Regarding the out wall temperature, you cannot set different
temperatures.  But, you might find useful that Type56 uses two methods
to take into account the air that is entering the building: ventilation
and infiltration.  Infiltration is defined as the ambient air entering
the zones, and Ventilation is the air entering from heating or cooling
equipment.  You can set different ventilation schemes into the zones,
and therefore you can specify their corresponding temperature and
humidity.  If you do this, you will be able to set different airflow
conditions, but you won't have the actual conduction through the walls.
Thank you very much for your input.  We have added your comments for a
future enhancement of the building model.
Best regards,

Diego