[TRNSYS-users] glazing area in Prebid

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 24 11:50:12 PDT 2005

Dear Caroline:

The area that you specify is the total area of the window, including
frame.  The window heat transfer coefficient (u-value) and energy
exchanges are calculated taking into account the ratio of frame area to
total area.  Please refer to Volume 6-Multizone Building Modeling with
Type56 and TRNBuild, part 2, section 2.2, for the description of the
window model.
Best regards,

Diego