[TRNSYS-users] OPEN CIRCUIT VOLTAGE

javier mota fjmi_3i at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 23:43:53 PST 2005

Halo: I am javier Mota from 3i-ingenieria, madrid,
I was having a look to phtovoltaitic panels.
I have seen in a book that i could aproximate the open circuit voltage of a
phtovoltaitic panel as :
dVoc/dT=MUvoc.
so:
Voc=Voc, nominal+MUVOC*(Tc,G-25)
where Voc is the open circuit voltage
Voc,the open circuit voltage at 1000W and 25ºC.
Tc,g temperature of the cell.
Tcg=Ta+0.03*G
Ta: temeprature ambient
g.radiation.
Voc, total=Voc,1 panel*Number of panels in series.
I have seen TRNSYS program.And i have seen somtething like I-V curve, where
I=0 and then it´s solved VoC wirh newton method in type 180 e,...
When i use the formules of my book, sometime i get Vocc values with may
cause danger to the inverter, no when i use the tRNSYS Model, TRNSYS VOCC is
less that my books values.
So i would like to know how better is the aprox¡mation of trnsys and if i
can be in calm with the Vocc of TRNSYS.So, i would afiirm affirm there will
be  no problem with VOCC.
if there is  internet direction with theory about the way PV works, or wich
describes how the cell  and panel work,...theory information about the PV
model, in adition of reference manual in TRNSYS,...I would gladly receive
that inforna¡mation.
Thank you in advance.