Betr.: [TRNSYS-users] type 109 on mode tracking 4

s jansen s.jansen at deerns.nl
Wed Nov 16 02:33:25 PST 2005

Dear Javier,

- If the sun is high in the sky the total radiation on horizontal is usually greater.
- Of course it also depends on the orientation of your tilted surface, (if this is north for example, it will not have very high total radiation)
- Lastly, as I think is the case in your case, i think for a vertical surface the diffuse radiation is always less (view factor to sky = 0,5). So if there is no beam radiation (yet) (as might be the case at hour 608, being around 8 in the morning), a horizontal surface receives more radiation.

Kind regards,  Sabine

>>> "javier mota" <fjmi_3i at hotmail.com> 11/16/05 11:10 vm >>>
Halo :I am javier mota from 3i-ingeniera, madrid.
I was working a very simple program: type 109 and output plotter
I generate weather data for albacete, a city in spain, with meteonorm.
I was looking radiation on horizontal and radition on tileded surface on
mode tracking 4.
I expectes total radiation on tilded surface would be always greater than
total radiation on horizontal
But I have found:
hour          temp ºC  rad_horiz_W  rad_mode_4
608.25	-3.62	0.00	0.00
608.50	-3.58	0.91	0.56
608.75	-3.45	15.62	9.90
609.00	-3.24	35.67	79.22
would be anything wrong?
thanks in advance.

Deze binnengekomen e-mail is door de KPN gecontroleerd op alle bekende virussen.
This inbound message to KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN MailScan
(IV-Scan), powered by MessageLabs.
For further information visit: http://www.veiliginternet.nl

Deze verzonden e-mail is door de KPN gecontroleerd op alle bekende virussen.
This outbound message from KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN MailScan