[TRNSYS-users] type 16 radiation processor

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 3 09:27:40 PST 2005

Dear Javier:

I tried using the data from Meteonorm for Madrid using Type89d (TMY2
standard), and then, connecting it with Type16i.  Changing the time
shift from -14 to -16 did not make much difference.  When I compared
with the results from reading the data with Type109, I get the same results.

In the previous email, looked like using a time-shift of -16 you got the
same results.   I think that the difference at sunrise might be due to
rounding error when the difference between solar angle and sunrise angle
is calculated in Type109.

I agree with you that the shift should be -16°.   Zaragoza, Spain:
Long.= 1°West , LSM=15° East (UTC+1), Shift=-15°-1°= -16°

If you still have problems, I will be happy to help you. Please send me
the project file and the weather data and I could take a look at it.
Thanks.

Diego