[TRNSYS-users] False ceiling

Arie Kalkman a.kalkman at chri.nl
Wed May 18 00:06:36 PDT 2005

Maurizio,

Usually, I use the two-zone solution to model a false ceiling.
It depends of course on your modelling purpose.
If you just need the thermal resistance to the thermal mass of the ceiling,
you might as well replace the plenum by a massless layer with the proper
thermal resistance.
If the plenum is used for ventilation to/from the room, or if you want to
know the temperature in the plenum itself, I think the two-zone model is
required.

regards, Arie