[TRNSYS-users] notices

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Tue May 17 13:09:17 PDT 2005

David,
  Thanks for reporting these issues.

> TRNEDIT:
>  - crash when attempting to open  user-made *.trd file directly from
> file's explorer program (no problem if you open TRNEDIT first then the
> trd file) : it seems that it's only caused by  "relative references"
> to external image, data files : if you write full path to files in the
> trd: no problem.

this appears to be at least in part an MS Windows issue of what path
TRNEdit is recieving from the operating system when the file is double
clicked. We have fixed the problem. A new version will be available when
we release TRNSYS 16.00.0039.

> Studio:
>  - proforma's reference is not systematically inquired about
> modifications, in projects (tpf) files made before the modifications:
> when you open an pre-existing tpf project using a just modified
> component, it doesn't reveal the changes (i experiment it for the
> parameter's value configuration, but it might be the case for other
> points). It's time wasting  for re-configuration when you
> modify/improve/addFeature a component. + errors in
> development-debugging phase of a component.

This is actually not a bug but a designed feature. As soon as you drag
the proforma from the Direct Access tool into your project, you have
made a copy of the original proforma with information specific to your
project. This allows for backwards compatibility if for any reason the
proforma changes and you want to run an older project; the proforma
appropriate to the project is saved with the project. The simplest
method to update a proforma is to select the proforma in your project,
and to select the menu item Edit: Replace. You can then navigate to your
modified proforma and its changes to the proforma will be inserted into
your project.

>  - ability to copy parameter values used in others projects file might
> save a lot of time when building new projects with already used
> components.

  If you want to use components in several projects, you can copy a
model from a project to another using the "Edit\Copy" menu (or right
click a model and choose "Copy"). All parameter values will be copied.

Kind regards,
  David

David BRADLEY
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706

Ph: +1 608 263 1589
Fax: +1 608 262 8464