[TRNSYS-users] how to model a pergola ?

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Tue May 3 07:00:47 PDT 2005

Dear Christophe,
  I am not aware of a specific pergola model. I suppose that you could
effectively model one by using a series of Type34 shading device models,
each with an overhang and gap appropriate to one of the bars that run
parallel to the window. You could then use an equation to sum the
effects of the Type34s before passing the shaded ratiation to Type56.
Kind regards,
  David

Enertech wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS Users,
>
> I would like to use a "pergola shading device" in order to shade a
> window of a building (type56). You can see what is a pergola shading
> device in the attached doc file. Is there an existing model for this
> kind of shadind device ? If not, could somebody tell me how can I
> model it easily ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Christophe Plantier
> ===========================
> ENERTECH
> F-26160 FELINES SUR RIMANDOULE
> tel-fax : 04 75 90 18 54
> Email : sidler at club-internet.fr
> Web  : http://perso.club-internet.fr/sidler

David BRADLEY
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706

Ph: +1 608 263 1589
Fax: +1 608 262 8464