[TRNSYS-users] error23 deck+external zip file

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 18 08:29:34 PST 2005

Geoffrey,

> following my error23 problem, please find here a zip file with the deck
> and the needed external files.

You actually have a syntax error ("+*") in 8 equations:
HABSPULSBUR = ... *HABSPULSDESHUM +*(1-TESTDESHUMBUR)...
etc.

I have to admit that the error message does not help a lot in your
project with tons of equations in it. We have worked hard to improve
error messages but this one is not a good example...

The next update will issue the following error message for error 23:

TRNSYS Message     23 : The Equation processor in TRNSYS has reported a
syntax error in the reported equation. Please check the equation
formulation carefully.
Reported information  : HABSPULSBUR =
TESTHUMIDIF*(1-TESTDESHUMBUR)*HABSPULSHUM
+TESTDESHUMBUR*(1-TESTHUMIDIF)*HABSPULSDESHUM
+TESTHUMIDIF*TESTDESHUMBUR*HABSPULSDESHUM
+*(1-TESTDESHUMBUR)*(1-TESTHUMIDIF)*[13,1]=

After fixing all the equations, I got errors because you have hand-typed
assign statements in your control cards that refer to files I don't
have. I don't think those ASSIGN statements should be there in the first
place. After deleting them I still can't run your project because I am
missing the building file. But hopefully you will be able to do it.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

PS. When you send projects to your distributor or to any other user, it
helps if you make sure to use relative paths for your input/output files
and deck file name.

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu