[TRNSYS-users] Bug in TYPE74

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 27 10:09:25 PDT 2005

Dear Fernando,
  The line

IF(INFO(1).NE.IUNIT) THEN

is correct. The point of the line is to handle the case in which there
is more than one instance of Type74 in the simulation. The variable
INFO(1) is always the current instance's UNIT number (specified in the
input file). At each time that the Type is called, the value of INFO(1)
is stored as a local variable. In this way, if ever INFO(1) and IUNIT do
not have the same value, then it can only be because a different
instance of the component has been simulated. If a different instance
has been simulated, then the component's parameters should be reread and
reset to local variables.

In December 2004, a bug fix was made in that component. If your version
does not have the comment:

C  12/02/2004 - JWT - Fixed an error with storing variables and added
the first call to Tau_Alpha

in the "Revision History" near the top of the file Type74.for then you
should contact your distributor to get the latest version.
Kind regards,
  David