[TRNSYS-users] debugging in studio

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Tue Jun 21 02:36:33 PDT 2005

Dear Kyle,

Although the Studio will help you set up a new TYPE, it is not meant for
debugging TYPES.

Once you start to develop algorithms, you should use your usual development
environment for debugging - it is much more powerful for this than the
Studio ever could be. Also, different programming languages will use
different environments (remember that you can now make types in C++, Excel
or Visual Basic).

For example, if you are using FORTRAN, open the .dsw file (the Workspace
generated by the Studio) in your FORTRAN environment (such as Compaq Visual
FORTRAN or Intel FORTRAN), change the project type to 'Debug' (under
'Build/Set active configuration) and run (hit F5).

If you are asked for the 'EXE for debug session', browse to
.\Trnsys16\Exe\TRNExe.exe

TRNSYS will ask you for the deck to run (specify the one you made with the
Studio).

Now if your TYPE crashes, FORTRAN will normally show you the exact line
where it happened, all variables with their values, etc.

Werner