[TRNSYS-users] Type36 & EX6

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 7 10:02:38 PDT 2005

Dear Michele,
  The example is correct. If you refer to page EX6-1 and EX6-2 in your
TRNSYS 15 documentation, you will see the specifications of the Type19
building used in Example 6. In Type19 the specified wall areas do not
include windows - the net areas, not the gross areas are required. In
the example, the gross east and west wall areas are each 31.2 m2. The
west wall has 3 m2 of window area making its net area 28.2 m2. The north
wall measures 10 m by 2.4 m (24 m2) while the south wall measures 10m by
2.8m (28 m2). As with windows, the Trombe portion (15 m2) of the south
wall is treated seperately. In this case it is treated by Type36. The
remaining area of the south wall treated by Type19 is 28-15 = 13 m2.
Kind regards,
  David

mk23 at inwind.it wrote:

>In example 6 the wall of "Trombe" (Type36) is inserted to south and measure 15 meters square.
>The wall south in all measure 26 meters square.
>Why it does not come considered all the wall south like Type36!
>
>In same example 6, the east wall is 31,2 meters squared, that west 28,2 with a window of 3 meters squared, that south 15 meters square of Type36 and 13 meters square normal, while that north measure 24 meters square.... me seems is an error!!! Someone knows this example!?
>
>Thanks to all!!!
>Michele

David BRADLEY
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706

Ph: +1 608 263 1589
Fax: +1 608 262 8464